Welcome to Sar-El Canada
Groups start approximately every 3 weeks
and end on the Thursday of the final week
|Document||Before Start Date|
|New Applications:||7 Weeks|
|Returnee Applications||6 Weeks|
|Final Documents:||5 Weeks|
Key Flight Planning Tips
- Your flight must arrive before 17:00 (5 PM) on the first Sunday of your tour.
- For 1 week groups you must meet Sunday at 8:00 AM
- Plan to depart after 20:30 (8:30 PM) of the final Thursday of your tour.
- There are no longer any Monday start dates.
- Do not book your tickets before getting approval.
- If you are in Israel before the starting date, you must call Pamela (052-821-9945) to find out your meeting time and place.
- You are responsible for all your own ground transportation to and from meeting points including the airport and bases.
- You may get transportation from Sar-El but it is not guaranteed.
- You may elect to stay for the first 2 weeks of any 3 week group with advance notice.
- We STRONGLY ADVISE all volunteers not to travel to Jordan or Egypt before, during or after Sar-El as you may not be allowed back into Israel.
Jan. 01 to Jan. 19
Jan. 22 to Feb. 09
Feb. 12 to Feb. 16 (1 week group. Must meet 8:00 AM)
Feb. 12 to Mar. 02
Mar. 05 to Mar. 23 (Mar. 12-Purim) Also available: VFI Plus See ** below
Mar. 26 to Apr. 06 (2 weeks - Passover is April 11-17)
April 23 to Apr. 27 (1 week group. - Must meet group at 8:00am - April 24 is Yom HaShaoah)
Note: (May 1 is Yom Hazikaron; May 2 is Yom Ha'atzmraut)
May 07 to May 25 (May 31 is Shavuot) Also available: VFI Plus See ** below
Jun. 04 to Jun. 22
Jun. 25 to July 13 (Regular & INTERNATIONAL YOUTH GROUPS (IYG))
July 16 to Aug. 03 (Regular & INTERNATIONAL YOUTH GROUPS (IYG) Aug. 01 Tisha B'Av)
Aug. 06 to Aug 24
Aug. 27 to Sep. 14
Sep. 17 to Oct. 22. *No programs*
(Rosh Hashana Sep. 21, Yom Kippur Sep. 30, Succot Oct. 5 to Oct. 11, Simchat Torah Oct. 12)
Oct. 22 to Nov. 09 Traditional Canadian Date Also available: VFI Plus See ** below
Nov. 12 to Nov. 16 (1 week group.- Must meet group at 8:00am )
Nov. 12 to Nov. 30
Dec. 03 to Dec. 21 (Chaunukah begins Dec. 13)
Dec. 24 to Jan. 11 2018
Jan. 14 to Feb. 01
Feb. 04 to Feb. 22
Feb. 04 to Feb. 08 (One Week Group. Must meet at 8:00 a.m.)
Feb. 25 to Mar. 15 (March 1- Purim)
Mar. 18 to Mar. 29 (Two Weeks - Passover is March 31 to April 6)
Apr. 08 to Apr. 12 (One Week Group. Must meet at 8:00 a.m. April 11 is Yom HaShoah; April 18 is Yom Hazikaron; April 19 is Yom Ha'atzmaut)
Apr. 22 to May. 10 (May 13 is Jerusalem Day)
May. 13 to May. 17 (One Week Group. Must meet at 8:00 a.m. Shavuot is May 20)
May. 27 to Jun. 14
Jun. 17 to Jul. 05
Jun. 17 to Jul. 05 International Youth Groups (IYG)
Jul. 08 to Jul. 26
Jul. 08 to Jul. 26 International Youth Groups (IYG) (July 22—Tisha B'Av)
Jul. 29 to Aug. 16 International Youth Groups (IYG)
Aug. 19 to Sep. 06
Oct. 07 to Oct. 25 Traditional Canadian Date
Oct. 28 to Nov. 15
Oct. 28 to Nov. 01 (One Week Group. Must meet at 8:00 a.m.)
Nov. 18 to Dec. 06 (Chanukah begins Dec. 3)
Dec. 09 to Dec. 27
Dec. 23 to Jan. 03 (Two Weeks)
** VFI Plus
The USA sister of Sar-El Canada, Volunteers for Israel (VFI), has collaborated with Gil Travel Group to offer VFI Plus, a program that includes 2 weeks of volunteering plus a week of guided touring for English speakers. This separate program offered by VFI is not connected with Sar-El Canada and we cannot be held responsible for the content etc. For more information please review their offer at: http://www.giltravel.com/tour/volunteers-for-israel. Note this program will be run concurrently with the regular Sar-El Canada program and does not replace it.